Justin Bergholcs – Mental Health Consultant
Justin currently works for the Gaimaragal Group as a consultant in mental health. He has a wide and varied skill set. His primary skill area is in mental health, but his fields of competence are in all areas of Health Care, including planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and delivery of appropriate health care, teaching and training, primary health care assessment, specialising in:
• Mental Health First Aid (Master Instructor), HIV/AIDS, Palliative care, Traditional therapies and alternative modalities of care, Bereavement counselling, Behaviour management strategies, Developmental Disabilities, Pain and symptom management, Mental health assessment and training, Psychiatric intensive care, Suicide prevention training, Gerontology, Drug and Alcohol education and counselling in Australia and India.
• Delivery of training packages, including packages targeted to tertiary and secondary education, health care professionals and community educators.
• Logistics and coordination of staffing and materials and proven capacity to work as a Member of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Interpersonal, liaison and consultation skills, report writing and excellent written and Oral communication skills.
• Cross cultural awareness, including implementation of appropriate health care packages in Australia, India, and Nepal.
• He was responsible for the feasibility assessment and project design for an Australian Government-funded Drug and Alcohol Education Project in the areas of West Bengal and Sikkim in association with the Drukpa Kargyud Association and the Gampopa Clinic. (2000)
• Responsible for the establishment of a temporary medical facilities for 300,000 Tibetans and Buddhists in the West Bengal area of Northern India (3-week Kalachakra initiation performed by HH the Dalai Lama, November 1996). This involved logistics, coordination and implementation of a temporary clinic spanning a period of 2 months at the request of the Tibetan Government in Exile.
Registered Nurse – NSW Nurses Registration Board (not registered at this time)
Postgraduate Certificate in Palliative Care – NSW Health Department, Calvary Hospital
Phase I Mental Health – NSW Health Department, Rozelle Hospital
Advanced Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Working with Complex Trauma and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Mental Health First Aid Instructors course – Master Instructor
About My Brain Institute – i4 Neuroleader Certification